The overall cost of the Lachlan Macquarie Internship covering food, accommodation, lecturers, travel and work experience is $14,000 per intern. However, due to our commitment to develop good Christian leaders in areas of public policy, scholarships of $10,000 are awarded for all successful applicants into the program.
Interns are therefore required to make a $4,000 contribution (GST inclusive) to cover expenses over the 14 weeks. This cost includes:
- Bed and breakfast style accommodation for 14 weeks
- World class lecturers in law, theology, history, culture, and politics
- All meals including any dietary requirements
- Transport from Canberra and various activities and interstate trips
- Dignitary dinners with prominent politicians, journalists, church leaders, authors etc...
- Specialised skill workshops in media, writing, debating, strategy and economics
- A week long placement in Federal Parliament
- Conferences, events, public debate fees
- Individual pastoral care, mentoring and coaching
If this amount is too significant then we would encourage interns to seek sponsorship from their local church or businessest. If this contribution is still a difficulty then please email us to work out alternative payment methods as we do not want money to be a deterrent.
If you would like to help contribute to the program financially please click here.