Similar to the Leadership and Civil Society program, this slightly longer fourteen-week program places a stronger emphasis on future leaders in politics and public service. As our centre’s flagship offering, it promotes intellectual rigour and discernment, character formation, and involves work-experience in key areas of government. Classes unlock centuries of Christian theological insight into law, government and good policy-making. Fellows sharpen their political thinking by reading primary sources of formative social and political theorists in the context of their culture, finding parallels in art, music, and literature. They are trained in public speaking, debating, writing for specific audiences (op-ed, speeches, précis, and briefs), and media presentation. Graduates join an active network of alumni already shaping the future direction of Australia.
Each successful applicant receives a $10,000 scholarship towards the overall program fee. Fellows pay a remaining balance of $4,500 (GST inclusive).
Price includes accommodation, meals, excursions, program materials, and transportation to and from Canberra airport.
The program runs twice a year with a maximum of twelve Fellows per semester.
Travel bursaries and scholarships available upon application, for more information please contact us.
Why come on a Leadership and Public Service program?
You will have:
- Unparalleled access to Christian leaders, experts, and influencers;
- The opportunity to interrogate ideas with experts and peers;
- The intellectual and theological grounding necessary for engaging in public life and society;
- Direction for disciplined and discerning reading; and
- Training in strategy and negotiation by field experts.
People who complete programs consistently report:
- A deeper love of God and a greater understanding of the church and the Christian faith;
- The strengthening of life-long spiritual habits, including prayer, church attendance, scripture-reading, and fasting;
- A renewed sense of mission for societal change;
- A robust theological and ethical framework for Christian living and decision-making; and
- Effectiveness in their work.
Our centre is based in rural north Canberra. Its twenty-acre homestead has eight ensuite bedrooms and multiple living areas. It is five minutes from shops and restaurants, and twenty minutes from the town of Yass.